Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Caviar & Bananas

After I moved out of Liberty dorms, my weekly trips to Caviar & Bananas ceased. This assignment gave me the perfect excuse to return for some coffee and “southern style” sushi.

The space itself feels like more like a storage room than a restaurant, but that might just be the IKEA shelving. The grey, white, and silver color scheme makes me feel like the Apple store has begun to serve food.

It’s relatively busy, but not packed. I can at least hear myself think. My latte is decent in that it contains caffeine, but I’m a picky coffee drinker. My sushi, though, is amazing as always. The “Southern Roll” is strange at first – shrimp, pecans, and a sweet red pepper sauce – but incredibly delicious once it touches the palate.

I am sitting by the shelves of groceries, mostly organic small-brand foods and sauces. The wine rack is a sight to see, but unfortunately I have a few more months before I can legally gaze at it. There’s a sign about wine and cheese tastings held weekly, but I try not to look for fear of shedding tears in public.

Before I leave, I’m going to pick up some succotash to take home. It’s been too long since I’ve had any relatively healthy food in my apartment, and I have a deep love for lima beans. Hopefully I’ll return sooner rather than later, since I need more food of this quality in my life.
But wait – they deliver. Caviar & Bananas just doesn’t stop getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment